Gorbel is one of our go-to brands when it comes to high-quality handling systems. For over 40 years they have been innovators of the material handling industry, offering a variety of solutions that can lift as little as 50 pounds and as much as 40 tons. They serve a wide variety of industries with their superior cranes, ergonomic lifting solutions, and fall protection.
In 1977, a material-handling salesman named David Reh wanted to bring his entrepreneurial visions to life, so he started his crane company. He named it after his parents, Gordon and Isabel, and he used his passion for helping companies improve their process while keeping their workers safe to make it thrive. Today, David’s son, Brian, is now the President of Gorbel; however, it is not uncommon to see David walking through the headquarters in New York. Gorbel has three manufacturing plants worldwide, which employ over 400 people, and there is no sign of slowing down.
Gorbel Products from A-Lined Handling Systems
A-Lined is proud to be an authorized Gorbel distributer, and we carry several of their innovative handling systems, includes cranes, ergonomic lifting products, and fall protection systems.
Gorbel’s cranes are built to handle even the most challenging overhead lifting jobs. Due to their genius engineering and high strength-to-weight ratio, Gorbel cranes can improve your facility’s productivity and quality while making the workplace safer. The types of Gorbel cranes we have available include:
- Enclosed Track Workstation Cranes and Monorails – Crafted out of either aluminum or stainless steel, these Gorbel cranes feature enclosed tracks and modular designs that can be expanded upon as your needs change. These cranes are capable of lifting up to 4,000 pounds, yet they remain lightweight enough to be versatile.
- Cleveland Tramrail – These patented cranes are considered one of the top overhead cranes on the market. They are extremely versatile and are able to be used with underhung carriers that use a single straight track, a curved track, or an inclined track. Featuring exclusive raised treads and crafted out of high carbon steel, they have superior durability and strength compared to other crane options.
- I-Beam Jib Cranes – Available with either manual or motorized rotation, Gorbel’s I-Beam jib cranes provide simple rotation mechanisms that allow your workers to safely move loads with ease. I-Beams are available in four options, including: free standing (best coverage), wall bracket (lowest cost), wall cantilever (most headroom), and mast-type (lowest thrust).
- Enclosed Track Jib Cranes – For circular areas, the enclosed track jib cranes are ideal. They are perfect for hoists, air balancers, vacuum lifters, tool balancers, and welding wire feeders.
- Articulating Jib Crane – For awkward spaces that other jibs cannot reach, the articulating jib crane is the one for the job. It can be positioned through doorways, moved around obstructions, and rotated close to unmovable architectural features, and it can lift up to 2,000 pounds.
- Gantry Cranes – Available in both fixed height and adjustable height, Gorbel’s Gantry Cranes are a cost-effective lifting option for when you have areas that don’t require enough lifting to justify the expense of a permanent crane. They are simple to move and can be easily stored when not in use.
Innovative technologies and genius design combine to make the task of lifting items more precise than ever before. Gorbel’s ergonomic lifting solutions offer incredible speed and simple operations:
- G-Force Intelligent Assist Device – This is a much-needed hybrid between the lifting devices you are used to and fully automated robotic systems. The ergonomic lifting device allows your operator to effortlessly lift and maneuver materials as easily as using their own arm. The Gorbel lifting device offers unparalleled speeds and unbelievable precision to make the task of lifting heavy items easier than ever. With this device, you can expect better productivity, less product damage, and fewer injuries.
- Easy Arm Intelligent Assist Device – Featuring the same technology in the G-Force device, but in the style of an articulating jib crane. The Easy Arm is available in a standard and advanced model to meet your needs.
- Handle Accessories – Optional handles for both the G-Force and Easy Arm devices allow you to choose which type of configuration is the best for your application. Choose from a pendant handle, a force-sensing handle, or a slide handle.
- GS Series Electric Chain Hoist – Gorbel carries a wide variety of chain hoists to perfectly complement any of Gorbel’s crane systems. Choose the speed and capacity you require, and Gorbel has a chain hoist that can deliver.
Gorbel delivers the quality you can depend on to keep your workers safe. They offer two fall protection systems that you can count on day in and day out:
- Tether Track Fall Protection Systems – By integrating a heavy-duty anchor with a body harness and connector, the Gorbel Tether Track system effectively prevents workplace injuries due to falls. It keeps workers safe while still allowing them ample mobility so they can easily perform the task at hand, and it can handle multiple workers (up to 310 pounds each) at once to streamline your processes.
- Mobile Fall Protection Systems – Featuring an anchor, body harness, and connector, this is a complete fall arrest system that can be relocated as you see fit so you can keep your workers safe no matter where you need them.
If you want to improve the efficiency of your facility and ensure that your employees stay safe in the process, check out the many reliable products made by Gorbel. And if you have any questions about how you can use Gorbel products within your industry, contact us now.