If you have ever used a material lift, you know how frustrating it can be to have to go up the stairs while your cargo gets a straight ride up. The RiderLift material lift brings has the convenience of an elevator without all of the bells and whistles that go along with it. Authorized personnel can now ride along with the materials, making the material handling process smoother and more efficient.
The stackable self-contained modular design simplifies shipping and assembly. Interlocking gates, call/send control stations, and safety enclosures are preassembled and prewired at the factory to reduce installation time.
Differences Between a RiderLift and a VRC
A Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor (VRC) is the most commonly used material lift in the industry. And while it is convenient for moving items between levels, people are not allowed to ride on it, which slows down operations tremendously. On the contrary, one authorized and trained operator is allowed to join the materials on the RiderLift. In addition to this major difference, here is a breakdown of the other similarities and differences you will notice between a VRC and the RiderLift:
- Both a VRC and RiderLift are not to be used by the general public
- A RiderLift can travel up to 14 feet, making it an excellent option for one level, while a VRC can go as high as 125 feet
- The RiderLift can hold up to 2,500 pounds, including the rider, and a VRC can transport up to 25,000 pounds, but it can only be materials
- The RiderLift has the operator controls onboard while a VRC does not
- The RiderLift complies with ASME A17.1 / CSA B44 “Safety Code for Elevators & Escalators” and a VRC has to meet the requirements set out in ASME B20.1 “Safety Standard for Conveyors & Related Equipment”
Specifications of the RiderLift
The RiderLift is manufactured by Wildeck and is hydraulically operated. This material lift features a cantilever design and is suitable for all industrial applications due to its heavy-duty welded structure. The RiderLift is considered a Type B Material Lift and is full of safety features to ensure it complies with code. The riding platform is a six-foot square, and the frame is crafted out of 14-gauge removable metal panels to make maintenance a breeze. It travels up to 20 feet per minute and is equipped with audible alarms for additional safety. The RiderLift comes with automatic LED lighting within the car, and the control panel automatically disables after use to ensure there is no unauthorized use. The material lift comes with a pre-wired hydraulic power unit and control panel and it is painted in Wildeck Gray.
The introduction of the RiderLift means big changes to the way we see material handling. To learn more about how the RiderLift can improve your operations, contact A-Lined Handling Systems Inc. today.