The Different Types of Pallet Racking Systems and What Works Best for Your Space
Having the right pallet racking system can help maximize space in your warehouse and increase your productivity, but how do you decide on the best style for your business? Once you start looking into warehouse storage options, you’ll find that there are a variety of pallet racking systems you can choose from. Let’s take a closer look at the different types of pallet rack and shelving systems and what considerations you need to keep in mind to make the right decision for your company.
What Are the Types of Pallet Racking?
- Selective Pallet Racking: Selective racking is one of the most commonly used and cost- effective pallet rack systems. This type of racking allows direct access to pallets from your aisles, is easy to install, and can easily be reconfigured.
- Push Back Pallet Racking: Push back racking is great for warehouses that need effective inventory rotation but still need to be mindful of storage space. Push back racking has a last-in, first-out (LIFO) storage method, allows for the selection of specific inventory items, and eliminates honey-combing.
- Narrow Aisle Pallet Racking: This type of warehouse racking is the best space-saving option if your floor space is limited. By minimizing the useable aisle space for the fork trucks, you can add additional rows of storage racks, therefore increasing the amount of storage in the same amount of space.
- Drive-in Pallet Racking: Utilizing this type of warehouse storage rack system is desired if you want to maximize your floor space. It provides high-density storage, works well if you typically use LIFO, and allows space for forklifts to drive through your aisles.
- Cantilever Pallet Racking: These free-standing racks are best suited for storing items that are bulky and long like lumber, pipes, and building materials. Unlike other types of racking systems, they don’t have a front column; making it is easier to access your inventory.
What Type of Pallet Racking is Best for Your Warehouse or Space?
Every space is unique. Therefore, finding the right warehouse storage configuration for your company depends on your square footage and how much open floor space you have accessible. The type of pallet storage you choose also depends on the kind of materials you are storing, how quickly you turn over product, and how often you need to access to your inventory. Call A-Lined Handling Systems today so we can analyze your needs and help you evaluate the best possible storage solution for your space. With over 70 years of combined experience, we are specialists in materials handling and turnkey solutions.
Finding the right pallet racking system can help you not only maximize your space, but it can also enable you to operate more efficiently and streamline your processes. If you have any questions or would like more information on pallet racking systems, contact A-Lined Handling Systems today.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.